Google Assistant makes it easy to control and interact with many of your Nest products.
Nest Thermostat, Nest Cam and Nest Cam IQ, Nest Hello, Nest Secure and Nest x Yale Lock work seamlessly with Google Assistant. Now it's easy to control your home's temperature and cast your Nest Cam video with your voice. Google Assistant can also announce who is at your door when Nest Hello sees someone, and lets you arm your Nest Secure alarm system on your way out with your voice. Google Assistant allows you to lock Nest x Yale Lock or check your lock's status using voice from anywhere. Also, Nest Cam IQ Indoor now has Google Assistant built in, so you can ask questions and control your devices directly from Nest Cam IQ camera's (US only).
What can you do?
+ Nest Thermostat:
- Raise or lower the temperature in your home and switch between heating and cooling modes with simple voice commands, all without lifting a finger.
+ Nest Cam, Nest Cam IQ, Nest Hello video doorbell:
- Cast your Nest Cam live video streams to your Chromecast devices.
+ Nest Cam IQ Indoor:
- Enable Google Assistant built in on your Nest Cam IQ camera. Once enabled, you can speak to your Nest Cam IQ to get information, manage tasks, and control smart devices in your home and hear the answer from your camera (US only).
+ Nest Hello video doorbell:
- Google Assistant is also the perfect companion to Nest Hello video doorbell by announcing ‘Someone is at your door’ when the doorbell rings. Want to know who’s there? Just ask Assistant to see a live video on your Chromecast TV.
+ Nest Secure:
- Arm your Nest Secure alarm system on your way out with your voice.
+ Nest x Yale Lock:
- Lock your door
- Check the status of your lock
- Add locking your door to a Routine, like ‘Goodnight’
Learn about using the Google Assistant with your Nest products: https://nest.com/support/article/Learn-how-to-control-your-Nest-Learning-Thermostat-with-Google-Assistant-and-Google-Home?from-chooser=true
Read more how to talk to the Google Assistant through your Nest Cam IQ Indoor: https://www.nest.com/support/article/Google-Assistant-on-Nest-cameras
Review which are the most common voice commands here: https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7073578
In order for Google Assistant to connect to Nest, you must use the Owner Account, i.e. the account that was created to first set up your Nest home. If someone else invited you to create a Nest account to access and control the Nest products in your home, you cannot link.
More detail here: https://nest.com/support/article/How-the-Owner-of-a-Nest-home-is-different-from-other-people-with-access.