With LinkJapan smart home app and Google Assistant, you can now control the power of your appliances, light bulbs and dim lamps with IR receivers by voice, including the following gadgets:
Universal remote: eRemote, eRemote mini (Please note currently only IR lamps are supported by universal remote for voice control)
To get started:
1. Download and install eHome App (search “eHome” in App Store or Google Play) and sign up a eHome account.
2. Add products in the App and make sure they can be controlled in the App. For universal remote, you need to finish the settings for the remote.
3. In Google Home App, go to “Home control” and tap “+” button to add devices. Find “LinkJapan Smart Home” and follow the wizard to link the service with your eHome account.
4. Google Home App will list all available devices in your account. You can rename it and/or assign a room for it.
5. Now you can say to Google Home for voice control.
The available voice commands are (in case you named the device/remote as “lamp”):
For IR lamp (via universal remote):
“Hey Google, turn on the lamp”
“Hey Google, turn off the lamp”
If you fail to control the devices by voice, it might be because the device is offline. Please try to access the device in LinkJapan eHome App. If the App shows “Device is offline”, please check your network connection until you can access the device in app.