From the convenience of your smartphone or the comfort of your home, you can ask your Google Assistant to start or stop the engine, lock/unlock the doors, check fuel level, and check your vehicle’s odometer. You can also manage multiple vehicles in your household by changing your active vehicle and sending commands to it. For a list of available features, use Google Assistant to “ask Toyota, what can I do” or “ask Toyota, what’s new”.
You asked, we delivered – Toyota now asks if there is anything else you need after making a request. You can make another request without having to enter the action again, or you can say “no” to close the conversation (it will automatically close after several seconds if no input is given).
2019+ Corolla Hatchback
1. Enable the Toyota action and login with your Toyota Remote Services credentials.
2. Select your active vehicle and set a PIN*.
3. Review terms & conditions and submit.
“Hey Google, ask Toyota to start my car” **
“Hey Google, ask Toyota to stop my car” **
“Hey Google, ask Toyota to lock my car”
“Hey Google, ask Toyota to unlock my car”
“Hey Google, ask Toyota how much gas is in my car”
“Hey Google, ask Toyota if my car is running”
“Hey Google, ask Toyota if my doors are locked”
“Hey Google, ask Toyota how many miles are on my car”
“Hey Google, ask Toyota what’s my active vehicle”
“Hey Google, ask Toyota to change my active vehicle”
• An active Toyota Remote Services subscription is required. Visit https://www.toyota.com/owners to sign up for or verify a subscription.
• Available with Toyota Remote Services capable Toyota vehicles.
• Toyota Remote Services is only available in the 48 contiguous United States and Alaska.
• Toyota Remote Services is not available in Hawaii.
• Action success for remote commands is heavily dependent on the vehicle being in an area with adequate cellular data connection.
• Commands may take anywhere from five to sixty (5-60) seconds to execute, depending on network conditions and the vehicle’s year and model.
• Multi-car commands only work when two or more vehicles have an active Remote Services subscription under the same Toyota Owners account.
• Current Toyota security requirements only allow 15 remote commands between manual ignition on/off cycles. This means that submitting too many consecutive remote commands through your Google Assistant will cause commands to fail. If your Google Assistant replies with an error, try power cycling the vehicle (manually turn vehicle on, then turn vehicle off), then try your interaction again.
For assistance, please call the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-800-331-4331
* This PIN is separate from your Toyota Remote Services app PIN, and protects access to certain action features like start, stop, lock, unlock, etc. All interactions which modify the state of the car (starting, stopping, etc.) require a PIN, which can either be included with the original utterance (e.g. “Hey Google, ask Toyota to start my car, PIN ####”), or your Google Assistant will prompt for it as a follow up question.
** Remote engine start/stop is not available in manual transmission vehicles.