TELUS Home Assistant gives you hands-free control of your home. To start, we are introducing hands-free capabilities for Optik TV®.
TELUS Home Assistant action lets you:
- Search by actor and title
- Change TV channel
- Play, pause, stop and rewind
- Launch the Guide
- Record live TV
- Launch Netflix and applications
- Volume control
- Get recommendations
Get started in less than 2 minutes. To enable TELUS Home Assistant action, click LINK and follow the in-app instructions. You’ll be asked to tune to channel 9097, so you must be at home to complete the setup. Lastly, remember to create nicknames for your devices so you can specify which device you are speaking to at the end of your commands, for example, lounge TV or bedroom TV.
Once you’re set up, try the following voice commands:
- “Hey Google, show me Game of Thrones on <your device name>”
- “Hey Google, tune to CNN on <your device name>”
- “Hey Google, launch Trending Now on <your device name>”
- “Hey Google, increase volume by 10 points on <your device name>”
For the full list of commands as well as step by step information on how to enable the action, visit telus.com/HomeAssistant.