Using this action the Google Assistant will be able to communicate with your Remootio devices, so you will be able to ask the Assistant to close or open your gates and garage doors for you. You will also be able to check if they are closed or not.
Remootio is a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled end-to-end encrypted smart remote controller that lets you control your gates and garage doors using your smartphone.
For more information visit www.remootio.com
You must have a Remootio device installed and set up in order to use this action.
You also need to have the following settings:
- The Remootio device has to be connected to the internet using EasyConnect (you can set this up in the Remootio smartphone app)
- The status sensor add-on has to be installed, and enabled in the smartphone app.
- You need to share a key with the Google Assistant, so she can communicate with your device for you. This is done by linking your device to your Remootio account in the smartphone app. When you do this a key called Smart home will appear in your shared key list. You can give or revoke internet access to this key just as you would do for any other key. If the access right is revoked, Google Home will not be able to control your device. To unlink your device from the Remootio account, simply delete the Smart home key, just as you would delete any other regular key.
- If you don't have a Remootio account yet, you can register one for free in the smartphone app.
- Opening the gate or garage door by voice requires a security PIN code. You can set this pin code in the app under the Remootio account settings menu.
After the steps above are all set up, and the internet access for the Smart home key is enabled, you can ask the Assistant to close the gate or garage door for you by saying: "Ok Google, close the garage door" (substitute garage door with the name of your device in the Remootio app)
You can also check whether it is open or closed by saying: "Ok Google, is the garage door closed?" (substitute garage door with the name of your device in the Remootio app)
You can also open your gate or garage door by saying "Ok Google, open the garage door" (substitute garage door with the name of your device in the Remootio app).