With the Wiser for KNX Action by Schneider Electric and Google Assistant, you can now control your KNX devices by voice commands or through the Google Home app. Once you have your Touch visualization set in your Wiser for KNX controller, follow the steps below to link it to your Google account and you will be able to control your selected Widgets.
Current supported Widgets: Light switch, General switch, AC switch, Fan switch, Socket switch, Dimmers (horizontal, vertical and rotary), Shutter (horizontal, vertical and rotary) and Scenes.
Requirements & Preconditions:
- A Wiser for KNX logic controller (with the Touch visu updated to its latest version available in the marketplace)
- Your KNX visualization created in the Touch visu.
- Wiser for KNX remote app account (if not available, download the Wiser for KNX app from the Appstore or Google Play and register)
1. Access the marketplace in your Wiser for KNX controller and download the following apps:
a. “Cloud Connector” – Open the app and enable it
b. “IoT T3 API” – Open the app and enable it
c. Touch visu (update in case there is a newer version available)
2. In your Touch Config (admin), make sure the widgets that you want to control by voice have the “Voice Control” checkbox enabled.
Note: The Name given to the Widgets will be the one used in Google Assistant. We recommend using simple names
3. Link the Wiser for KNX Action in the Google Home App, and log in with the same credentials of your Wiser for KNX Remote app
4. Once the accounts are linked together, trigger the discovery process by saying “OK Google, discover my devices” or in the Google Home App.
If you need a more detailed step by step guide or if you have any questions, please read the “Voice Control Integration” document, available in the download section in https://www.se.com/ww/en/product/LSS100100/wiser-for-knx-logic-controller/