Before you can connect Google Assistant with your Xiaomi devices, you need to follow these steps:
1. Download the "Mi Home" app from Google Play or App Store.
2. Sign up or sign in with your Mi account.
3. Setup the device with your "Mi Home" app, and make sure you can control it in the app.
4. Open "Google Home" app (if you have not installed, please go to "Google Play/Appl Store to download). Click "+" at the top left, select "Set up device" list option, choose "Works with Google"
. And then search for "Mi Home" action and enable it by signing in with the same ID you used in the “Mi Home" app.
5. After the setup is finished, you can control the device with Google Assistant.
Here are some sample commands you can use for controlling the devices.
- Turn on or off lights: "OK Google, turn on the lights" or "OK Google, turn off the living room lights."
- Change the brightness of lights: "OK Google, dim the lights."
- Change the color of lights: "OK Google, set the living room lights to red."
- Change the color temperature of lights: "OK Google, set the lights to warm white."
- Turn switch on or off: "OK Google, turn on or turn off ."
- Control robot vacuum: "OK Google, start the robot vacuum."
- Control air purifier: "OK Google, start the air purifier."