The following is required to successfully set up the “Gira Smart Home“ service:
• A Gira S1 and a Gira X1 (version 2.4 or higher) or a Gira HomeServer (version 4.10 or higher) is installed in the system.
• The Gira X1 or Gira HomeServer is fully configured and has been put into operation.
• We recommend creating your own user (Gira X1) or profile (Gira HomeServer) for the action. On the Gira HomeServer, the "Make available for IoT service" option must be enabled in the profile that is to be used for the action.
• The Gira S1 is logged into the Gira device portal and fully set up, and device ownership has been transferred to the end customer.
• Gira S1 and Gira X1 or Gira HomeServer are installed on the same network and connected to the internet.
• A Google Assistant device (e.g. Google Home) is available and set up.
• The following access data or passwords must be available:
• Google account (email address + password)
• Access data for the Gira device portal (email address + password)
• User data from the Gira server (user name + password, determined during project planning)
Examples of the use of the "Gira Smart Home" service
After successfully setting up the "Gira Smart Home" service, you can control your building functions by voice. The following examples merely serve as suggestions.
Switch light (switch on/off)
"OK, Google, turn the [name of light] on/off."
Dim light (absolute/relative dimming)
"OK, Google, set the [name of light] to 70%."
Set the light colour (RGB)
"OK, Google, set the [name of light] to blue."
Set the light colour temperature
"OK, Google, set the [name of light] to ivory (daylight, cool white, warm white, candlelight)."
"OK, Google, start [scene name]."
"OK, Google, turn [heating name] on/off."
"OK, Google, set [heating name] to heating (comfort) mode."
"OK, Google, set [blind name] to 50%."
"OK, Google, move [blind name] up."