With ihc app and Google Assistant, you can now control the power of your appliances, light bulbs and dim lamps with IR receivers by voice, including the following gadgets:
Smart plugs: SP3, SP4
Smart bulb socket: SBS1
Universal remote: RM pro+, RM mini 3 (Please note currently only IR lamps are supported by universal remote for voice control)
To get started:
1. Download and install Intelligent Home Center (ihc) App (search “ihc” in App Store or Google Play) and sign up a ihc account.
2. Add products in the App and make sure they can be controlled in the App. For universal remote, you need to finish the settings for the remote.
3. In Google Home App, go to “Home control” and tap “+” button to add devices. Find “ihc” and follow the wizard to link the service with your ihc account.
4. Google Home App will list all available devices in your account. You can rename it and/or assign a room for it.
5. Now you can say to Google Home for voice control.
The available voice commands are (in case you named the device/remote as “lamp”):
For smart plug / smart bulb socket / IR lamp (via universal remote):
“Hey Google, turn on the lamp”
“Hey Google, turn off the lamp”
“Hey Google, is the lamp turned on?”
“Hey Google, is the lamp turned off?”
For IR lamp, you can also dim/brighten it by voice:
“Hey Google, dim the lamp”
“Hey Google, brighten the lamp”
“Hey Google, set the lamp to 50%”
If you fail to control the devices by voice, it might be because the device is offline. Please try to access the device in Intelligent Home Center (ihc) App. If the App shows “Device is offline”, please check your network connection until you can access the device in app.