Speaking Buddha is an audio library of Buddhist preaching. Buddhist sermons are such simple and enlightening that one does not need to be a Buddhist. The preachings create a positive vibe and energy in people who listen to them, and encourage them to lead a better life and do good deeds.
Some feel good Buddhist preachings on the Speaking Buddha are:
· We ordinary people can see neither our own eyelashes, which are so close, nor the heavens in the distance. Likewise, we do not see that the Buddha exists in our own hearts.
· If the minds of living beings are impure, their land is also impure, but if their minds are pure, so is their land. There are not two lands, pure or impure in themselves. The difference lies solely in the good or evil of our minds.
· Suffer what there is to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life, and continue chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, no matter what happens. How could this be anything other than the boundless joy of the Law?
· Your practice of the Buddhist teachings will not relieve you of the sufferings of birth and death in the least unless you perceive the true nature of your life. If you seek enlightenment outside yourself, then your performing even ten thousand practices and ten thousand good deeds will be in vain.
· Just as cherry, plum, peach and damson blossoms all possess their own unique qualities, each person is unique. We cannot become someone else. The important thing is that we live true to ourselves and cause the great flower of our lives to blossom.
· Before comparing yourself with others, win the battle with yourself. Strive to be better today than yesterday, and better tomorrow than today.
5.0 Ask Buddha Says about buddha saying